I got your answer RIGHT HERE!
I've been getting an increasing number of mails lately asking the same
thing and since I am lazy, I figured I'd throw this together to prevent me
from being bothered by some stupid and not so stupid questions by throwing
the answers up here.
Now the Questions :
- Q : Does this move really work? If so how does it work?
- A : Don't ask me, I'm not a wrestler. I put moves on
the list as I think they are supposed to work given
watching the moves done in tapes.
- Q : Hey, can I put a link on my page to your list?
- A : As of right now, I don't see an issue with it.
The list is a meant to be used as a source of information.
- Q : I'm organizing a game (manual, video or otherwise),
can I use your list in it?
- A : The list is generally meant as a free resource, however,
if you'd like to send me to the "pay winduh", I take
cash, checks, women, good stocks, rare gems, women and precious
metals. Did I mention women? If you're using it for a list
for rules or the like (which is not commercial) you're welcome
to use the list as long as you give credit to where you got it.
You can credit Ray Duffy or Rev. Ray Duffy, either one is fine.
I would suggest listing the URL instead of using the lists as
- a) it's a damn big list
- b) it's a damn big list that gets updated fairly often
- Q: Do you take additions to the list?
- A: Yes and no. Yes, I will add just about hold not
listed as long as it appears on some sort of media or
I see it myself or heard of it. I will not include
stuff that you used to beat up your little brother with.
I will only include that if you show up on RAW or Nitro
and use the hold on him there. As far as other combat sports go (Karate,
Sumo, Shootfighting), in general, if the hold is used during a
pro-wrestling bout, I will add it. E-wrestling holds don't count. Just
because a hold works "in theory", it doesn't mean anyone is going to take
- Q : Hey, this hold isn't on the list! What up with that?
- A : Well, first off, it might be on the list. I've gotten
more than a few questions asking me where a certain hold
was when it was prominently displayed in one of the
subsections of the list. It also might be on the list.
I try to my best to put name variations on the list, so
something might be on the list under a different name.
If you can't find something on the list by it's name,
search for it's "nickname" or on someone's name who uses
it. Second, there are currently certain holds that are
in a grey area for me (mostly stuff in the submissions,
suplexes and pinning moves section). Third, there are certain moves that won't get on
because they have an extra part that really adds nothing to the move (example : Simon Diamond's Simonizer where he takes a big pregnant pause
between his fireman's carry and his inverted Face Lock DDT). I am working to
get them on the list, but I have some issue with them.
BEFORE YOU SEND ME MAIL, CHECK THE LIST. Do not send me a move name
without an example of who does it. And before you send me a mail saying
"This isn't on the list", search for that wrestler's name. 90% of the
time, the move is already there.
- Q : I know this guy uses this hold too, why don't you
add them to the list?
- A : Generally, I try to add about 3 examples to moves
that are relatively well known. Usually one from the
WWF, one from WCW, one from ECW and sometimes someone
from Japan. There's a lot of holds which a lot of people
use (like say an body slam), since most people know it
as a generic move, I don't include names because they're
- Q : This move is (the same or different) as this one!
- A : There are certain moves that are debatable if they
are the same or not (the Diamond Cutter/Stone Cold Stunner
comes to mind). I try to keep the list as compact as
possible but if I feel there is enough as a similarity
or difference, I will make the change. My judgement is
final because it's my damn page so there. Nyah Nyah.
- Q : Can you mail me the list?
- A : No. There are plenty of ways for you to save a copy of the list
via web browsers. If you want it, learn how to use your damn browser.
If you've read the above and still want to ask a question,
here. It is suggested to make
subject line be BBBoWM or Moves Question or something like that.